Products sold on this website come with a 12-month Warranty unless a different period is specified in the product name or description. All products include a warranty identical to the provisions and limitations of the manufacturer's warranty. Warranty period starts from the date of shipment.
WHAT IS COVERED?
We cover all the parts and labor costs of repair, if your product suffers manufacturer fault during the warranty period.*See the warranty terms below for details.
HOW IS WARRANTY SERVICE ARRANGED?
Warranty claim is simple and quick.
- Lodge and report problem in our system.
- Send the product to our collection point in the UK.
- Item is checked and repaired or serviced.
- The item is returned to you after it has been QC checked.
In general, it takes 14 to 21 days maximum.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our one year limited warranty is available on all products offered in the Store, except those products that come with a worldwide or international warranty as standard as well as products listed in "Specific Exclusions" and "General Exclusions".
What is Covered:
- Parts and labour costs for the repair of a manufacture defect or fault of production, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
- Parts and labour costs for the repair of fault of material of the product, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
- Consumables such as batteries and films are not covered by the warranty.
General Exclusions (What's NOT Covered):
- Wear and tear
- Damage caused by impact, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions
- Damage caused by improper use, impact, water damage would void the Warranty.
- Periodic check up, maintenance, repair, or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tears.
- Causes relating to transport, removal, or installation of the product.
- Damage caused by shock or fall, sand, dirt, dust, dampness or corrosion, leaky batteries, lightning, liquid, fire, acts of god, war, public ventilation.
- Damage on any other items used in conjunction with the product.
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
- A breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer
- Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness or corrosion, leaky batteries, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-original manufacturer proprietary software
- Loss or damage of data
- Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
- Not installing any error correction that we issue for the software
Special Note for Waterproof Casings/Bags:
Warranty covers replacement of item in the event that water leakage occurs under proper usage within product specifications. Damages due to impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. would void the warranty. Please be advised that the warranty offered is strictly for the purchased item only. We will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.
- The warranty is valid from the date of dispatch until the end of 1 year.
- If the product comes with a warranty card, you must keep this warranty card in a safe place. The warranty card must be presented in order to make a claim.
- It is in your best interest to make a note of your product's item number and this should be quoted in any communication with us.
- You must obtain an authorisation for repair from us first. The choice of repair is subject to Our authorisation, and we may choose to specify a particular service centre.
- Do not return your product to us without first obtaining a return authorisation form. we will not accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You will also be responsible for the cost of return postage.
- We warrant this product (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper and other consumables as defined by us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated above and commences on the day of dispatch. In the event that the product is not in good working condition, we will provide, during the warranty period, a free service. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase; therefore you should retain your payment receipt (PDF invoice can be downloaded from your account area).
- We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical. In the case of the product no longer being available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
- You will be responsible for the cost of having the product checked / repaired if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
- Our only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
- You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all software and data) and to minimise potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, making full backups of all your software and data and implementing virus checking controls.
- The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
- "Liquipel" is a trademark of Gadget Evolutions, and is a third party service. We do not cover any water or liquid damage or any direct or indirect economy loss using such service or product.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Please contact VentureDirect United Kingdom Support via the Help Center for all warranty and product support requests.
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.venturedirect.co.uk.
You may be asked to return the relevant Product to a specified address in United Kingdom given by VentureDirect United Kingdom customer service representative. Some warranty returns will require your product to be returned to our repair center in Hong Kong.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and Milkyway Distribution Ltd. (Company Registration Number: 1832136) registered in Hong Kong ("Milkyway").
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of Products from www.venturedirect.co.uk
Products You Order are offered and supplied by Milkyway. Please read the Website Terms and Conditions for further information.
Milkyway supplies and supports all warranties relating to Products which are noted as being offered and supplied by Milkyway.
We recommend that you keep your original product packaging if possible. In the unlikely event that you require a warranty repair and you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and VentureDirect United Kingdom accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by Milkyway irrespective of:
- the identity of the manufacturer of the Product;
- whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the United Kingdom Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the United Kingdom Consumer Law.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Milkyway agrees to repair or replace the Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with VentureDirect United Kingdom's specifications during:
- the Standard Warranty period of 12 months; or
- the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
VentureDirect United Kingdom requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from VentureDirect United Kingdom staff or service agent acting on behalf of VentureDirect United Kingdom in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to VentureDirect United Kingdom Support via the Help Center before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
VentureDirect United Kingdom reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, VentureDirect United Kingdom reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, VentureDirect United Kingdom will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by VentureDirect United Kingdom with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of VentureDirect United Kingdom . VentureDirect United Kingdom may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
If VentureDirect United Kingdom is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for VentureDirect United Kingdom's store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at VentureDirect United Kingdom's election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of VentureDirect United Kingdom.
Where VentureDirect United Kingdom authorises warranty service of a Product, VentureDirect United Kingdom Support team will provide a designated return address for the Customer to post to at the Customer’s cost. If VentureDirect United Kingdom deems it appropriate, We may alternatively supply a pre-paid postage label for the Product to be returned via our chosen carrier to the authorised repair centre. In this situation VentureDirect United Kingdom will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if VentureDirect United Kingdom specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the customer is located outside United Kingdom , VentureDirect United Kingdom may require that the Product be sent to Hong Kong or United Kingdom , as directed by VentureDirect United Kingdom.
The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from VentureDirect United Kingdom upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to VentureDirect United Kingdom within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage. in which case VentureDirect United Kingdom will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt.
Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.venturedirect.co.uk do not apply:
- To consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces (including during transit);
- to damage caused by use with another product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- to damage caused by operating the Product outside any guidelines published for use;
- to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of VentureDirect United Kingdom;
- to a Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of VentureDirect United Kingdom, including but not limited to installation of custom firmware or other software;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the Product,
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Product,
- if the product is stolen or VentureDirect United Kingdom reasonably believes that the product is stolen based on information provided by law enforcement authorities, or
- Where proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) cannot be provided.
VentureDirect United Kingdom reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including VentureDirect United Kingdom's internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
The Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to and from the VentureDirect United Kingdom Authorised Repair Centre.
VentureDirect United Kingdom may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty do not apply as per section 17.
VentureDirect United Kingdom reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the VentureDirect United Kingdom's specifications, subject to applicable law.
The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from www.venturedirect.co.uk, provided VentureDirect United Kingdom is informed by contacting VentureDirect United Kingdom Sales via the Help Center within 7 days of the date of transfer.
Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of your Products.
Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
VentureDirect United Kingdom is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in VentureDirect United Kingdom's opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case VentureDirect United Kingdom will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
- To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
- To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for LED TVs, Monitors and Digital Photo Frames, except as determined by VentureDirect United Kingdom to denote an LED or LCD panel fault (and except as covered by the Website Terms and Conditions). For more information on stuck and dead pixels, please see our Stuck and dead pixel policy for LED TVs, Monitors and Digital Photo Frames.
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries, projector lamps and cables), or lost parts or accessories;
- To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or;
- To service of any product whilst it is outside United Kingdom.
To the full extent permitted by law:
- VentureDirect United Kingdom will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- VentureDirect United Kingdom's aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at VentureDirect United Kingdom's option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- VentureDirect United Kingdom excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to the Products supplied by Milkyway, these Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of Hong Kong and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Hong Kong Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
VentureDirect United Kingdom can be contacted by various method via the Contact Us page.
VentureDirect United Kingdom 's head office is located at 9 A &B, Ka Ming Court, 688 Castle Peak Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.